Friday, July 3, 2009

Cops Raid the Wrong Houses


An Accokeek couple is demanding an apology after Prince George’s County Sheriff’s Deputies burst into their home and killed their dog - all because deputies went to the wrong address. Pam and Frank Myers were tucked away in their home Friday night watching a movie when the warrant squad pounced.”All of a sudden I hear, bang, bang, bang, ‘Open the door, police, open the door,’ “said Pam Myers.

For 45 minutes the Myers were kept prisoner in their own home.

“They wouldn’t let me go to the bathroom which is like seven feet down the hall,” said Frank Myers.

“It was terrifying. I can’t sit on my couch at night any more. I’m looking over my shoulder the whole time,” said Pam Myers.

The Myers say the deputies knew immediately they had raided the wrong home. They say it could have ended with an apology, until the couple heard two shots from the yard.

“And I said, ‘You just shot my dog,” said Pam Myers, through tears. “I just wanted to go out and hold her a bit. They wouldn’t even let me go out.” Source>>>

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - A father and son are furious after surviving a terrifying experience. They face criminal charges after police responded to their home by mistake. Murfreesboro officers responded to a 911 emergency call and somehow ended up at the wrong apartment. Roger and Justin Chilton woke to a pounding on their door at 3 a.m. Sunday. Justin - a decorated military policeman who had just returned from Iraq - answered the door holding his gun. The officers then arrested Justin and his father.

“They held us at gunpoint, slammed us to the ground, stomped my hands and butted me in the back of the head with a shotgun,” said Justin. The officers charged the Chilton’s with resisting arrest and aggravated assault for the incident. Police did not drop the charges even after learning they responded to the wrong house.

Murfreesboro police chief Glenn Chrisman has opened an internal investigation. Source>>>

Eight Minneapolis officers received medals in City Hall Monday for their valor in a botched raid that the city apologized for last year. That isn’t sitting well with the family shot at multiple times by the officers.

“I’m shocked that they’re receiving awards for that night,” said Yee Moua. “My family is a mess right now. My [9-year-old] son, who saw the shooting, still has nightmares and has needed therapy. They’ve ruined a life, and I don’t understand why they would get rewarded for that.”

The awards stemmed from a high-risk search in December. The eight officers — who had SWAT training — entered the house expecting to find a violent gang member. Instead, they found Vang Khang, a 35-year-old homeowner who thought he was being robbed. Khang shot through his bedroom door at the officers until he understood who they were.

In the midst of the shootout were Moua, who is Khang’s wife, and their six children, who range in age from 3 to 15. Moua said her family has since abandoned the house and can no longer afford to keep it.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment